Register for the Research and Improvement conference
Registration for this year's Research and Improvement conference is now open. Register your place through our dedicated Eventbrite page.
This popular event sees health professionals, patients and the public come together each year to learn about the impact research and improvement has on the care that we deliver at Solent NHS Trust.
This year, the conference is set to take place on Tuesday 10 July at Hilton at the Ageas Bowl, Southampton. The day will play host to a variety of engaging speakers and workshops, threaded together by an overarching theme: ‘Side by side: working with patients, colleagues and communities to learn and improve'.
Once again, this conference is Patients Included accredited. This means that:
- The event has been co-designed by our patients and carer group, "Side by Side". They have chosen the overarching theme, and will work with us to set the final agenda. They will open and close the event, and chair all breakout sessions.
- In line with the conference theme, all those presenting are strongly encouraged to do this in partnership with a patient/ service user/ carer. The majority of the presentations will include patient partners.
- Travel to and from the venue can be arranged for patients, service users, carers or members of the public participating in the programme. There is no charge for the event.
- We will do our very best to accommodate any disability requirement - the venue is fully accessible, and we will have hearing loops available. All those booking are asked about additional requirements to ensure we are aware and can endeavour to meet them. There will be a quiet area available.
- The event will be streamed on social media on the day to facilitate access for virtual participants. Videos and soundbites of the day will also be available. We are being supported to do this by Beyond the Room.
If you have been involved in a piece of work in the last year that you would like to showcase at the conference, you can apply to present on the day by completing this form.