Research and Improvement Conference 2019
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the 2019 Conference!
We'll be sharing highlights from the day very shortly, but in the meantime, here's a taster of everything that took place on our Twitter feed:
What to expect
Learning Together: A Journey to Excellent Care
9am - 4.30pm, 11th July 2019
The day will play host to a variety of engaging speakers and workshops, threaded together by an overarching theme: "Learning Together: A Journey to Excellent Care."
The event will also showcase improvements in care that have been made as a result of research, quality improvement, audit and other projects. It will focus on learning and on partnership working, with patients, families and across communities.
Once again, the conference has been designed together with our Side-by-Side group, and will feature presentations and workshops delivered by patients and by staff.
Attendance is free, and travel arrangements and expenses can be covered for patients and members of the public who would like to attend. We are proud to be accredited as a "Patients Included" event.
The conference will take place on Thursday 11th July at Hilton at the Ageas Bowl, Southampton - find the venue on Google Maps.
Take a look at the Conference Programme for details of keynote speakers, workshops and subjects that will be covered on the day.
We are committed to making this event as accessible as possible. In 2017 our Conference became the first NHS event to be internationally accredited as Patients Included, which recognises our dedication to including patients in our ongoing improvement and learning as an organisation.
- The event is designed and planned in partnership with Side-by-Side, our patient and family representative group. We work together on the theme, selection of speakers and workshops. This group will open the event, and will chair many of the sessions.
- The event will include presentations and workshops from patients and carers, and from those that work in partnership with us on improvement projects.
- Members of the public and patients are welcome to attend the event. There is no charge, and support with travel to the event. Alternatively, travel expenses are covered - refreshments are available throughout the day.
- All efforts will be made to accommodate accessibility needs. The event is jargon free, with accessible information formats. There will be quiet zones, hearing loops and the venue is fully wheelchair friendly.
- The event will be advertised and streamed on social media, and key presentations available after the event. Follow us on @solentacademy #solentconf19