Virtual Conference - 24th September 2020
A Research and Improvement digital event
We're going online for the 2020 Annual Conference! On Thursday 24th September we'll host our first Virtual Research and Improvement Conference that will bring together our colleagues, patients, carers and community members in an exploration of themes and ideas relating to Solent care and services, as well as the things that matter most to you.
This will be an interactive event with a mixture of presentations, workshops and virtual networking opportunities, and in addition, the day will also play host to the Solent NHS Trust virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM).
For guidance on how to join our Virtual Conference please use our joining instructions.
Keynote Speaker - Prof Saul Faust
Prof Saul Faust, Professor of Paediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases, is leading on the vaccine research programme at University Hospital Southampton. Prof Faust will be talking about the vaccine development trial and other research related to COVID-19, and will be happy to answer questions you might have.
A Patients Included event
Patients and our community members are at the heart of everything that what we do here at the Academy, which is we strive to ensure that our conference is Patient Included Accredited. We do this by:
- making the event free for people to attend,
- working alongside our Side-by-Side network of patients, carers and service users in the planning of the event,
- providing support support to our non-clinical community members so that they are able to participate in the delivery of workshops and presentations,
- ensuring that we deliver the virtual conference through a platform that is easy to access regardless of the device used, and
- providing support for those with accessibility needs so that they are able to engage with the event.
To find out more about Patients Included Accreditation please take a look at their website.
Book your place:
Nominate a star!
Do you know a colleague, patient or carer who has done some excellent work? If so, we want to hear from you.
You can nominate a colleague, patient or community member for something they’ve done this year which has helped us learn and improve. This could be a project, an act of kindness, training support, or something that’s just really struck you as an example of excellence. We’ll then make sure to thank them and arrange for them to receive a gift as recognition for the awesome-ness! To make a submission, please complete the form below: