PrEP (HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis) is a medicine for HIV negative people. It can reduce the risk of catching HIV when taken as instructed. You may benefit from PrEP as a way to reduce your risk of HIV. The PrEP Impact trial is hopign to answer 3 questions:
- How many people attending sexual health clinics need PrEP?
- How many of these start PrEP?
- How long do they need PrEP for?
Who can be involved?
- A person who is HIV negative
- Aged over 16 years of age
- At high risk of HIV infection
What happens to people taking part in this research?
You will need to undertake a sexual health screen including an HIV test, you will then be prescribed the drug PrEP. Researchers will contact you one month after the intial assessment via telephone and you will need to attend the sexual health clinic every 3 months for resupply of the medictaion and for sexual health screening.
For more information please complete the following form: